I first heard about VHX while checking out the Drafthouse Films website and noticed many of their films were being distributed via VHX. After a bit of research it very quickly became apparent that this was the distribution solution I had been searching for.
With a traditional distribution deal I calculated my distributor selling approximately 100,000 units would equal about the same amount of profit if I sold only 1500 units myself! These numbers were staggering to say the least. I had signed a very fair deal and was treated well in our agreement, but moving forward there was no way this model could sustain my company or future film releases. That is when I made the switch to VHX.
- VHX is free to use. You can set your own prices and they only take a 10% + 50 cents commission per sale.
- Customers can instantly stream, download or rent our films including bonus content and special features.
- In addition to easily embeddable video players, our movies can be also watched with the VHX App available from Apple, on their Roku or any mobile device.
- We have the option to send watermarked, time-limited screener copies to press and other contacts.
- All traffic, sales and customer activity is saved to the user dashboard. This allows us to not only keep in touch with our fans but offer coupon special deals, free downloads and more.
Simply put there is just no other site like it. Whether you are using VHX as your primary form of distribution or as an added boost to your current marketing plan, this is the distribution platform Darkstar Entertainment and all independent film makers have been waiting for.